Letter from John McAdoo, President of St Michael’s Conference SVP
St Michael’s Conference SVP Blackrock would like to thank most sincerely all who have supported St Michaels SVP Conference Blackrock over the past year. The past year has been difficult for everyone due to the continued Covid19 pandemic. We hope all of you and your families have been keeping safe and well and adjusting to the current new way of life.
For us in the SVP Blackrock conference, this has been a strange year. We too have had to adjust to new ways of working and meeting. Our visits to clients are conducted remotely; our conference meetings are conducted via email, WhatsApp and phone calls. Our income has been reduced significantly due to the closure of the church and the suspension of the monthly collections. Meanwhile, requests for help continue and we try to meet them as best we can.
We would like to thank most sincerely all who support us at our monthly collections and also those who have taken the opportunity to support us through their donations via the box at the back of the church or through donations to the conference via the priests or directly to individual members and online.
We have one final collection date this year. It is the weekend of December 12/13. This is our annual Christmas collection which has been so successful year on year. This year will be different as mass numbers will be restricted. In light of that I would appeal that you avail of one of the following options to support this year’s SVP Christmas appeal. Please also encourage your friends and family to consider supporting SVP St Michaels Blackrock this year.
Donations can be made using one of the following options:
- Donate directly in the SVP box at the back of the church
- Donate on SVP.ie/donate. In the box marked “Specific location to help” insert- St Michael’s SVP Conference Blackrock Cork
- Call 0818 176 176 and Request that your donation goes to St Michael’s SVP Conference Blackrock
- Place your donation or cheque made out to ‘St Michael’s Conference SVP Blackrock’ in an envelope marked SVP Blackrock and give it into the Sacristy or to one of the Priest’s houses.
- Donate via the Parish Website stmichaelsblackrock.ie Click on the Donate button. Find SVP St Michaels Conference Blackrock and click on that. Make your donation via the secure donation facility.
- Make your donation at the church collection on the weekend of 12th/13th December 2020.
We the members of St Michaels Conference SVP again thank most sincerely everyone who continues to support us so generously year after year, to help those individuals and families in the parish who are struggling to make ends meet.
Keep safe everyone and enjoy a happy Christmas and New Year.